Thank you for your interest in Shaw Communications. Within each category below, you will find answers to frequently asked questions about the online application system.
- How do I search for specific positions on your site?
- Can I view only the most recent positions that have been posted?
- How can I stay informed about new career opportunities?
You can search for specific positions by entering the title of the position in the Keyword field. Only positions with this specific title will be filtered. If you see a position that is particularly appealing to you, make note of its Position ID. Next time you visit our website, you can enter this Position ID in the appropriate field under Advanced Search Parameters to pull up that specific listing.
Positions appear in order from most recent to oldest. The most recent position appears on top only when sorting to a specific column is not applied.
Subscribe to career alerts and as soon as an opening matches your criteria, you will be notified by email with a link to view the opportunity. This career alert link will remain active for 90 days. You may unsubscribe from career alerts at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the registration page.
- Do I need to create a profile to apply for a job?
- How do I apply for a position at Shaw Communications?
- Do I have to fill out a new profile each time I apply for a position?
- What will happen after I submit my application for a specific position?
- Should I fill out all of my skills in the application form?
- What if I have a disability that prevents me to apply on-line?
- What if I require special accommodations?
To apply for a position, you must create your candidate profile first. Access the My profile page to create your profile and submit your resume. Once you have saved this profile, you can then access your profile and apply to jobs of interest.
Browse current openings and click I am interested on any position of interest. Complete the skills criteria section and answer several screening questions specific to that position. You will be contacted for an interview if your skills and experience match the position’s criteria.
Please keep in mind that only resumes received through our online application system will be considered and note that due to high volumes, only candidates selected for interviews are contacted.
A link to your profile is automatically created every time you apply for a position, so you only have to fill it out once. However, you may update your profile at any time.
Please allow some time for recruiters to review your application. Our team of recruiters will assess the applications received and will contact those applicants who are chosen for an interview. If you are not contacted for a specific position for which you applied, all resumes submitted through our online application tool are kept for future consideration.
The more skills you specify, the greater your chances are of being pulled up on a search by a recruiter.
If a person with a disability is prevented from applying on-line, they can contact the help desk at 1-877-427-7717 to get assistance with their online application
Shaw Communications is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a career opportunity, you should advise Shaw in a timely manner of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received regarding accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially
- Do I need to apply for a position to create a profile?
- How can I upload my resume?
- Using local files from your own operating system
- Using Dropbox online storage
- Using Google Drive online storage
- I can’t log onto my profile. I receive an invalid password or authorized users only message. What do I do?
- Click on Forgot your password? above the log-in button. Enter your email address in the field provided, and click Send. An email containing the reset password link will be sent automatically to the email address provided.
- If you are still experiencing problems with the new password, type in the password rather than cutting and pasting it from the email that was sent to you. Sometimes an extra space can be copied by mistake, which will render your password invalid.
- Enable your cookies
- Delete your cookies
- Update your browser to the latest version
- How do I make my profile inactive?
No, you do not need to apply for a specific position before creating a profile. Access the My profile page, and follow the steps for creating or updating your profile. Your information will be saved in the system, and, as recruiters perform searches on the database, they will immediately have access to your profile. Keep your profile up to date to ensure your skills are appropriately matched to new career opportunities.
You can upload your resume or other documents when you create a new profile or via the My document page upon logging in. There are three ways to upload documents:
When uploading documents, you need to define the type of document that you are uploading.
In the event that you wish to conduct a job search in the future, profiles are made inactive rather than cancelled or removed. You are able to make your profile inactivate so that the recruiters know you are not looking for a position. Simply log on to your profile, go to “Please indicate your status” and change your status from “Actively searching” to “Not searching.” Should you decide you want to look for a job again, whether it be in a few months or a few years, you can log on to your profile again, reactivate it and update it. If you have any more questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-877-427-7717, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (ET), excluding holidays.
We apologize for any difficulty you may have experienced. Please read the FAQs above. If you still need assistance, please contact the career application system help desk directly by email, and include the following details of the problem:
- Exact brand and version number of the browser.
- Version of the operating system you are using.
Email address: email@example.com
Phone number: 1-877-427-7717
Hours of operation: Monday to Friday 8 am to 8 pm, EST (except statutory holidays)