A little about us
What we do at Shaw matters - in a world where being connected has never been more critical, we bring the best wireline and wireless technology and solutions together to create exceptional customer experiences. Every day we help millions of Canadians live their best-connected lives through the strength, capacity and combined power of our Fast LTE and Fibre+ networks.At Shaw we say we’re brighter together, and we believe it’s the diverse mix of brilliant people here that really makes us shine. When you join our team, you’ll see we are so much more than just a company. Shaw connects you with limitless opportunity, an incredible culture, career development and a great benefits package. We are a friendly, collaborative group, and we have a lot of fun finding new ways to delight our customers.Come dream bigger and brighter with Shaw.
As a Change Management Specialist, you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the Enterprise’s Change Management environment, ensuring compliance with the Change Management process while enabling beneficial changes to occur with minimal risk and disruption to the business and services. This role governs infrastructure and system changes within Shaw and Freedom’s footprint, thus involves maintaining strong working relationships with all operational departments, educating, and advocating the Change Management process to internal and external parties. The role will work closely with teams within an assigned portfolio to ensure changes are efficiently and effectively documented, evaluated, planned, reviewed, authorized, prioritized, tested, and implemented in a consistent manner.
The ideal candidate will have exemplary communications skills and ability to influence and engage cross-functional teams. They will be working in a fast-paced and constantly changing team environment, where adaptability and strong organizational and prioritization skills are critical. The position also requires someone with a proven track record of high-quality work, information management, and reporting capabilities.
A typical day
• Lead and implement change initiatives related to business processes and technologies stability.
• Maintain ITIL best practice Change Management methods and processes within Shaw and Freedom’s operations, driving consistent documentation and reviewing testing and implementation plans to prevent complications from change related items.
• Ensure the Change Management module within ServiceNow aligns with the defined processes.
• Monitor and report on the key performance indicators related to change management.
• Participate in project strategies and plans, including stakeholder assessment, communications, leadership alignment, organization transition, change readiness, capability transfer, and end-user training.
• Continuously evaluate and evolve the change management processes, implementing new solutions that address the most identified gaps.
• Facilitate change management activities with cross-functional team members and stakeholders to understand and ensure adoption of the enterprise change management process and policies.
• Communicate the Change Management Policies, Processes, and Procedures to customers and stakeholders.
• Build partnerships and foster teamwork with stakeholders across Technology teams.
• Review daily Change Management metrics and follow-up on KPIs with technology teams.
• Chair the Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings and assist with coordinating changes among delivery providers and support teams, review changes for documentation consistency prior to CAB review.
• Ensure accuracy and completeness of Change Requests and provide feedback as necessary to ensure adherence to documentation standards.
• Work with leads within each portfolio to create, implement and continuously evolve a change framework that increases the company’s overall success metrics.
• Maintain a high level of engagement with operations, business, and technology teams to ensure they are supported efficiently and effectively, by providing change training and coaching when required.
• Conduct post-implementation reviews to assess the decisions and performance related to the change request.
• Evaluating the risk of changes and providing actionable guidelines on reducing negative impact.
• Managing communications and facilitating meetings/conference calls surrounding Changes.
• Must have a strong understanding of Telecommunications, Networks, and/or IT Infrastructure technology and its Applications.
• Must have hands-on change experience managing applications, end user devices, network infrastructure and telecommunications systems and services.
• Demonstrates strong analytical, problem-solving, coordination, and leadership abilities.
• Process oriented thinking with a particular focus on service continuity and network stability.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, able to prioritize tasks and work independently.
• Able to identify change breaches and patterns that are outside normal policy practices or procedures.
• Able to think critically and assess the overall impact changes have on our systems.
• Capable of managing multiple streams of work simultaneously.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Able to articulate changes processes in a diplomatic manner that will resonate across all levels of management.
• Knowledge of change management best practices in the ITIL framework.
• Solid understanding of software systems, network, wireless, server infrastructure and other digital technologies.
• Ability to influence without authority.
• Ability to work well under pressure and produce successful outcomes while maintaining a professional approach.
• Technical degree in an IT or Engineering related field.
• 5+ years of IT or Engineering operations experience.
• ITIL certification preferred.
• Hands-on experience with ServiceNow
• This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check
• As a condition of employment, all new employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination with a federally approved COVID-19 vaccine (or proof of a valid exemption)
• The successful applicant will be hired in any Shaw or Freedom location in Vancouver, Calgary or Toronto.
Posting closing date:
January 31, 2022
At Shaw, we believe diversity and inclusion are integral to the continued growth and success of our entire company. We believe diversity and inclusion enhances our Company’s culture and creates a sense of belonging where people feel comfortable bringing their true selves to work. This in turn promotes innovation through harnessing the variety of experiences, thoughts, and perspectives our employees have to offer. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, age, or any other identifying characteristic.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.